Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My degree program

I chose my degree program at NU in Business Accounting because I have been in this field for a long time. I have a big family and want to be more secure in the work force. I will be the first in my family to receive a degree in this field. I have been a supervisor for the last 12years but without a degree I will not have reached my goal. I think this program helps ,along with my experience. I have been past up for promotions for not having a degree. I like this program because it covers a variety of areas.I can be an Business Manager or an Accountant.
I have been out of high school for 20 years , completing this program will give me a sense of achievement. In today's society you have to have some type of advantage. This program gives me that. I think all degree programs are beneficial to us. A college education or vocational training is important. I had a chance to go to college years ago after high school but, I didn't follow through. I have learned that having a degree opens many doors in life. A degree in Business can give you math, English, and science. Business Accounting takes you to the next level. You can do more thing for a company or open your own business.
My father owns his own business and I ran it for years. I could not get the accounting part of the business. I would like to own my own business one day and pass it on to my children.While I am taking these courses and I will dig deep to find my calling in the business world.I looked into NU Business Accounting program and I was impressed!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting, Abdul! I am happy to get to know more about you, and am looking forward to working with you!

    ReplyDelete